A young Catholic lay Apologist who has an addiction to all things Papist, Romanist, and shiny.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Did Jesus institute the Papacy in Matthew 16? A Debate.

This is the debate I've been having with a good friend of mine from a forum I frequent. He's given me permission to post our essays on my blog, so here it goes. I'll have to post each essay as a different post, but I'll present the first set of essays for now (this includes our opening statements and our reponses to them). On this forum, I am known as "AlertStatusRed". My opponent is known as Perplexity.


AlertStatusRed and I have agreed to debate on whether Jesus instituted the papacy in Matthew 16. He'll affirm, I'll deny.

We'll follow this general format:

Opening statements posted on Sept. 21st, 1,500 word limit.

Rebuttals posted no later than Sept. 28th, 2,000 word limit.

Cross examinations posted no later than Oct. 5th, 4 question limit.

Closing statements posted no later than Oct. 12th, 2,000 word limit.

Since my arguments will be utilizing Bayes' theorem I will be posting a general explanation of the relevant notions after this announcement. This explanatory post isn't my opening statement.

We just ask that no comments be made on this debate until the closing statements are posted.     

No comments:

Post a Comment